- What are the benefits of
Cost, thermal efficiency, on-going reductions of energy costs, speed and ease of installation.
- Is it easy to install and
how long does it take?
It is fast and straightforward to install; very little site preparation is necessary other than the removal of all organic material; normally taking about 60 hours of work i.e about 3 days for two people.
- Can Groundshield® be used for
building any type of building?
It can be designed to take anything from a single story timber framed house up to a three storey brick and block construction house.
- Are there any restrictions as to the size of surface
area Groundshield® can cover?
No, the actual cost per square meter usually reduces as the overall size of the foundation increases.
- Can under floor heating be installed at the same time as Groundshield® is installed?
Yes UFH can be installed at the same time and is an option AFT offers.
- Is Groundshield® thermal efficiency better than conventional foundation systems?
It will have a minimum of 0.10wk/m2 and a Psi value as low as 0.04wk/m2
- How long has Groundshield® been around and where is it commonly used?
Insulated Groundshield© has been used extensively across Scandinavia for the past 20 years.
- What is the life expectancy of both Groundshield® and UFH generally?
About 250 years for Groundshield© and 150 year for the loops in the concrete.
- What approvals and accreditations does Groundshield® have?
Groundshield® has the EU CE marking.
- What help can AFT provide in obtaining planning permission?
AFT has experience of liaising with Local Authorities to obtain Planning Approval and so far has a 100% success rate.
- Can AFT provide only a design and engineering service or does AFT only provide full installation?
AFT can provide a full design, engineering drawings, supply and installation or just design and engineering calculations including all EPS components.
- Does AFT offer a guarantee with Groundshield?
Groundshield is fully insured by Lloyds of London.
- Does AFT have experience of liaising with house builders/general contractors/project managers to ensure the building project runs smoothly?
Yes, AFT always works closely with the client and all parties involved in the construction project to ensure a smooth, efficient and timely result for all concerned.