- What are the benefits of
Cost, thermal efficiency, on-going reductions of energy costs, speed and ease of installation.
- Is it easy to install and
how long does it take?
It is fast and straightforward to install. After the removal of unwanted organic material and preparation of the base it will normally take about 60 hours of work i.e 3 days for 2 workers
- Can EcoRaft® be used for
building any type of building?
It can be designed to take anything from a single story timber framed house up to a three storey brick and block construction house.
- Are there any restrictions as to the size of surface
area EcoRaft® can cover?
No, the actual cost per square meter usually reduces as the overall size of the foundation increases.
- Can under floor heating be installed at the same time as EcoRaft® is installed?
Yes UFH can be installed at the same time and is an option AFT offers.
- Is EcoRaft® thermal efficiency better than conventional foundation systems?
It will have a typical U value of 0.10 W/m2K and Psi value of 0.04 W/mK
- How long has EcoRaft® been around and where is it commonly used?
Insulated EcoRaft© has been used extensively across Scandinavia for the past 20 years.
- What is the life expectancy of both EcoRaft® and UFH generally?
About 250 years for EcoRaft© and 150 year for the loops in the concrete.
- What approvals and accreditations does EcoRaft® have?
EcoRaft® has the EU CE marking.
- What help can AFT provide in obtaining planning permission?
AFT has experience of liaising with Local Authorities across the UK and currently has a 100% success rate.
- Can AFT provide only a design and engineering service or does AFT only provide full installation?
AFT can provide both a full design with Engineering drawings with supply of all EPS components, or just design, drawings and supply.
- Does AFT offer a guarantee with EcoRaft?
EcoRaft is fully insured by Lloyds of London.
- Does AFT have experience of liaising with house builders/general contractors/project managers to ensure the building project runs smoothly?
Yes, AFT always works closely with the client and all parties involved in the construction project to ensure a smooth, efficient and timely result for all concerned.
- What is so good about EcoRaft & MonoBeam foundations?
- Flexible designs
- Thermally efficient (> 0.1 W/m2K U values)
- Fast build (3 – days for a 100m2 house)
- Eco Friendly
- Long lasting
- EPS Benefits
- High compressive strength and Low compressive creep
- No loss of thermal performance over time
- Low water absorption
- Lightweight and user friendly
- No special tools required to cut
- No harmful chemicals released into the water supply